We had quite the ice storm last night and this morning. Parts of MA were hit badly and others were unaffected. Seemed to be north and west of 495. We lost our power, had to start our generator and had lots of branches fall (firewood for next winter). We were without power for most of the night and all morning into the afternoon. I heated up some lunch for myself on the woodstove and it worked quite well. Suddenly the sun peeked out and the power came back on. Luckily we didn't lose power for days like we did in Maine in '98. I think that we would have had to wear a hard hat if we had ventured out then because the ice was crashing down from the trees as it melted. Looked like a war zone. Some of our bushes in the front yard didn't fare so well and I hope that we can prop them up and save them. We're heading to Maine tonight and hopefully won't find too much damage up there. Keep your fingers crossed...
Here are some pictures that I took this morning....
1 comment:
Wow. Looks like it did back then. Watch your heads!
Post a Comment