Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ramblings....

Well, Nancy and I took off for an Australian Shepherd Club dog show in NJ on Friday afternoon. We had a nice drive albeit some traffic thru Hartford and Waterbury and we stopped at a cute little Diner for dinner. Our hotel was an Extended Stay, so we had a little kitchen complete with refrigerator to store our drinks and food for the show. That was where the fun ended. Saturday we got to the show site to hear that the bathroom wasn't working and that we would have to use the porta-potty out back. Well... at least the weather was beautiful and it was probably 70 degrees, so we brushed that aside. My friend Robin wasn't feeling too well after the first show and continued to get worse with stomach problems as the day went on. She was there to show dogs and do photos of the winners, so she couldn't leave. Saturday night we went out to dinner at Longhorns and another friend's 10 year old daughter was feeling ill, so they left in a hurry. Sunday I woke up and took the dogs outside only to come back in to Nancy getting sick in our sink. She still wanted to go to the show, so off we went. She really wasn't feeling well, but still wanted to show her dogs, so, since she was driving, we stayed. She only showed one dog in the second show, and just as I was getting Denver out of her van he caught his foot in the crate and ripped the side of his nail. There was blood all over the place and luckily I had brought some first-aid stuff to bandage it. I had to scratch him from the show and just showed Tucker.
After that we packed up and got on the road only to get caught in bumper to bumper traffic from an accident. We managed to get off the highway and loop around to avoid the accident site.
We had to stop off and on along the way for Nancy to use the bathroom, so it took us about 6 hours to get to her house in CT. I then had an hour to drive home. I was never so happy to reach my house and get into my own bed. I took a complete shower and washed everything, but to no avail. Monday evening it hit me, too. Boy that is a fast moving virus.
Anyway, today I feel a little better and have been able to eat a few things. Hopefully it will get better from here on.
So... on the whole, it was a weekend that was a calamity. I don't know if I'll be too quick to go to that show site again any time soon.... too many bad pictures in my mind.
I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend and was able to enjoy the wonderful, warm weather.....

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Gosh,
I think that virus hit everyone alive this year! Good thing it waited until you were home! Feel better soon!

Irene said...

What a weekend!! I hope you're feeling better!! Hugs!