Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ramblings from Today

Still doing lots of PT for my shoulder. I'm going two days a week now and by the time I drive there, do PT exercises and stretching, and drive home... it's three hours. They are working me pretty hard to try and get all my range of motion back and it is coming back slowly. I also have to do exercises with small weights and bands at home and in the gym. Still lots of soreness and aching, and the Doctor tells me to expect that for a couple more months (yes, I said months!!) I was hoping to be able to swim this summer, but I'm not sure about that now. I can handle most anything during the day, but I still can't get an entire night of sleep. I guess it's sort of like having little kids again... never liked it then either.
Not sure how I'm going to handle 8 hours in the car driving to Pennsylvania tomorrow. Thank goodness we have the puppy because we'll have to stop extra times for him (and me). Hopefully I won't get too stiff and sore. I'm taking my weights and exercise band so I'll be able to do something when we're there and maybe along the way, too. My PT guy says "rest" is OK for the weekend, too.
We're looking forward to Pop Pop's birthday party and seeing Jeff, Irene and the girls. I think the weather is supposed to be nice. I'll have pictures when we get back....

1 comment:

Irene said...

It was so great to see you guys!! I have been busy trying to update the blog. I got a bunch of posts up tonight, but still need to get a bunch up tomorrow. Just can't seem to keep it updated these days...life is just too busy! :)