Boy, are we tired of dealing with contractors, internet sites, and companies that just think that you were born yesterday. It's been a real struggle all winter to get people to do what they say they are going to do. I just don't know what has happened to the work ethic. I think that people just want to get a job done and then collect their money for doing it (or not doing it as the case may be).
Our electrician installed a light over our pedistal sink last week. When we got there on Saturday we had to clean up all the sheetrock dust and dirt out of the sink before we could use it. I would never go into somebody's house and leave that kind of a mess on a job. I also noticed that there were dirty hand prints in the upstairs bedroom around all the outlets that went in. Now we have to clean walls. I thought we had a "new" house??? IDIOTS
Our painter got sick a few weeks ago and now, even though he is better, he is not coming back to finish our job. We have left numerous messages for him and he has refused to call us back even though we have paid him for the completed job. He was always prompt in calling us to tell us that he needed another check. We may end up having to "eat" some money and just hire someone else to finish. Our carpenter (who recommended this painter) is going to try to help us get him back to finish. IDIOTS
We ordered a ceiling fan for our sunroom on the internet in the middle of May. It was supposed to be shipped the first week of June. I finally had to call last week to see what the deal was, plus they had already charged my credit card (company policy). I was told the fan was delayed and would ship last Friday. I called again today and was told the fan is on back order 'til July 15th. I cancelled the order and asked that my credit card get reimbursed today, but of course it takes 7-10 days. Why is it so easy for them to charge my card the minute that I push the "send order" button, but it takes that long to get the credit? IDIOTS.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this house. I'm just tired to dealing with IDIOTS.
No comments:
Post a Comment